With just 73 hours to go until 2019 arrives (not that I'm counting down the minutes or anything) I'm positively raring to unleash my New Blog onto the unsuspecting world.
Yep, there's going to be a distinct change of tack for me in 2019.
First of all, I won't be participating in the 1000 species in a 1KSQ Challenge. I've undertaken this Challenge in 2017 (1001 species) and 2018 (1200 species by October) but there's only so much going over the same ground - and I mean that quite literally - that I can face. Anyway, I want to slow down and focus my attention a bit differently in 2019. But the 1KSQ Challenge has been great fun, and please do consider signing yourself up for next year. Let's face it dear reader, you already live in a one kilometre square and you're interested in wildlife and nature and stuff (either that or you're reading the wrong blog) which is everything you need to qualify yourself as an entrant. Seriously, it's a great craic and you'll learn absolutely shedloads. Just try it for a month, I dare you!
Secondly, you may have heard about my possible relocation to warmer climes. Well, the breaking news is that it hasn't worked out after all, so it seems that I'm staying on Skye for the foreseeable. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. Mentally I'd already geared myself up for the big move, secretly I think I'm quietly happy that I get to stay here and discover more about this unique part of the world. I've been here for just over two years and have barely managed to scrape my way through the outermost layers. There's still so much just waiting to be discovered, certainly plenty enough to keep me quietly entertained.
I'd previously spilled the beans regards my New Blog to a couple of folk. One immediate response was, "you can't even keep one blog going" - haha! Well yeah, that's true to a degree. How will I fare keeping two blogs going at the same time? Who knows, is the honest answer, I guess. But I'll try. I have no requirement to update this blog on any given dates, which is just as well considering the lengths of time that sometimes elapse between posts, but the New Blog will be different, it will be updated very regularly indeed (he says...)
This blog, you may or may not be happy to hear, will keep on much as it has done these past two years. I'll use it as a vehicle to chronicle my PSLing adventures, discoveries and mishaps through NG3963 utilising my natural dry wit droll sarcasm and stunningly sharp images throughout.
I shall be keeping the New Blog running concurrently with this one.
Ok, so you're probably about ready to tear your hair out if I mention the words 'New Blog' one more time without providing some sort of a link. Fair play, click here to view my brand new blog
I'm working through up until New Year's Eve. It's already getting dark by the time I finish shifts, hence I very much doubt I'll post here again this year. If I do, you can call me a liar. But if I don't, I wish each and every single one of you a very happy New Year, clocks will be reset and another 12 months of madness will begin. Me? Hell, you have no idea how keen I am to see it started!
Cheers one and all, see you on the other side!
So it's finally happened, you've crossed the line into madness! Two blogs at the same time!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, It looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new blog develops as your 2019 plans get under way. I won't understand a fraction of what you write but I'll enjoy reading it all the same.
Have a great New Year Seth.
I've crossed the line into madness? That's rich - coming from 'severed head man' :D
DeleteThanks David, I hope you enjoy both blogs and that you have a great New Year too! Keep up the fantastic work, buddy.
Wow!
ReplyDeleteA lot of work already done on your new blog and it looks really great. Hope you manage to keep both blogs going.
I hope so too, Pete!
DeleteSorry about the non-relocation to warmer climes. But hopefully see you on Skye in '19!
ReplyDeleteNiptus awaits the bold...
Delete