I've had a rethink, due largely to a brief dialogue with
my ol' mate Ghostie.
Scroll back to the previous post wherein I wax lyrical about vertebrates.
Well guess what... all bets are off.
We've decided to scrap the verts bit of our 2026
Challenge. Largely because Ghostie never
actually agreed to it in the first instance and I have since realised that my plant-based obsession for the forthcoming year will take up more than
enough of my free time without my faffing about with trying to tick new
vertebrates. Though I still may well be tempted to pick up a rod and reel from
time to time as the year progresses.
For 2026 I shall attempt (third time lucky..) to
record 2500 species in
a single calendar year. Yes, this is perfectly achievable down south where the sun
doth shine and the ground is not frozen for nine months of the year. Piece o' pish
if you're in the southern
counties of England, but just try it up here whilst holding down a
full-time, non-nature orientated job.
So yes, the vertebrate-ticking part of the 2026 Challenge
has been put aside. For now. I'm in the middle of constructing a new website
which will soon be fully accessible via this one. One for the botanists,
really. Mostly so they can laugh at my fumblings and bumblings. More, much
more, coming soon....
I have no pics to share, so here's some music for you
instead. I'm still working my way through painting the guestrooms, stairwells and hallways in the hotel
where I work. Nobody mention glossing the
skirting boards, I am so bored of it. If I ever lay my hands on the loon who originally stained them all with coffee... I've applied primer,
rubbed it down, applied undercoat,
rubbed it down, applied a second undercoat, rubbed it down and then applied the gloss. Another two days and I'll have finally
worked my way down to the ground floor. Is that light I see....? Here's a
snippet of what I've been listening to this week. Eclectic, I believe the word
is. As always, hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment