Friday, 31 July 2020

Testing Times

No, nothing too untoward. I'm just trying out the new Blogger again. I had intended to stick with the old style Blogger, but it seems it will be entirely phased out in about a month's time. Already I can see improvements to new Blogger since I last tried it (at least I can easily find the 'New Post' option now...) Justifying the text is easier too. So far so good. Now, what about adding and positioning images, which seems problematical to many


Well that looks fine, but how do I add a caption? Arse, one for later. 

Aha, found out how to add a caption! How to resize though...

Ok folks, so how do I italicise and resize the caption??? Bugger, here have another fly whilst I calm down (above fly is Sciapus platypterus, btw). 

Leucozona glaucia - female AND italicised

Glad I sussed that, I was getting a tad arsey!  

Female Morellia simplex - bold and in a suitably small font. Cool, I'm a bit happier now

Well, everything seems fine enough. I can't say I like the new layout of the toolbar, why is it just dull grey and so damn big? Maybe I can do something about that in the settings. Hope so... 

Oooh I like the Preview button! It's enabled me to see that this blog looks fine on a desktop, but is too wide for a tablet and mobile phone, even with the screen rotated.

Folks, if you're reading this blog via a tablet or phone, can you let me know if it needs jigging. I may need to tweak things if it's currently knackered. Comments below, please. 




3 comments:

  1. Looks fine on my phone in either mobile version (which loses all the tabs and side-stuff) or web version which has the lot and squeezes it in. What's the Doli?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sciapus, like wot it says beneath the caption ;) Top one which I didn't name is Noon Fly, but you knew that one I'm certain.

      Glad to hear the blog works in mobile version. I think I tweaked it soon after publishing the page. Either that or it was fine already. Cheers anyhow bud.

      Delete
  2. I just tried to add an image to the middle of an existing page and it added it at the end of the page. What a pain in the arse

    ReplyDelete