So it's taken two and a half weeks, but finally my trailcam has arrived!!!!
It's somewhat smaller than I expected, but that's only got to be a good thing
I quickly slapped in the batteries, turned it on and scrolled through umpteen screens of options, selecting what I figured was a good set up. Eventually I figured I ought to have a scan of the instruction booklet and make sure I'd set it up in a way that made sense. Coupla minor adjustments later and I think it's now good to go!
Nice blinging green when switched on
Motion Detection activated - check!
Yep, I'll definitely have some of that. Whatever it is...
This screen gives you the option of setting the camera to continue recording for a specified amount of time after the object has stopped moving, assuming you have it in video rather than photography mode obviously. So if that cautious Otter suddenly spooks and freezes for 14 seconds (which they may do) the camera will continue to film despite a lack of movement, resulting in a continuous piece of video footage. Smart!
So that'll be 60fps Ultra Quality Video with audio
Lithium batteries, as recommended. Should get a good few months out of these
All I need to do now is deploy this bad boy in the tunnel and await the passage of an unsuspecting Otter. Should be pretty decent images, assuming anything activates the sensors. These are a selection of the type of images I'm expecting to obtain, though it may take anything up to three or four nights. I accept this, I can be patient.
Watch.This.Space….
This is one of the first music videos I can remember seeing, presumably on TOTP. Whenever I play it, which is about once every decade, I'm immediately put in mind of a certain pub in Smethwick where I spent my early years (the town, I mean - not the pub). No idea why!
And just because I'm in yesteryear, have some of this too
I suspect Skev and Martin will disagree on which is the better. The answer, of course, is neither. It's this - the song that welcomed me to the world of Goth
And just for the princess...it was good when it was good. Adios.
If there's anybody dogging in that tunnel, they're welcome to it (I've already scoped it out for Cave Spiders, bats and moths, nada). Just as long as they don't nick my trailcam!
So far I've had a female Blackbird, a faery (or moth, not entirely sure) and me - about 6 times. Currently hoping the trailcam is not only rainproof but fully submersible...the babbling brook has become something of a raging torrent this weekend! Claymores and frag mines all in place in case of Tory visitations.
That second image is going to give me nightmares...
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you get though
Apart from the puma, they're all hoaxes so you can sleep safe. Unless you have a big cat phobia, obvs.
DeleteI look forward to the images of something outlandish. Thought you were going to post a link to My Camera Never Lies by Bucks Fizz ......
ReplyDeleteBucks who? Sorry, must be before my time...
DeleteI guess we're about to find out whether the Skye dogging scene is ignoring social distancing or not
ReplyDeleteIf there's anybody dogging in that tunnel, they're welcome to it (I've already scoped it out for Cave Spiders, bats and moths, nada). Just as long as they don't nick my trailcam!
DeleteStill blank - not even a rat, or any other touring Tory advisors?
ReplyDeleteSo far I've had a female Blackbird, a faery (or moth, not entirely sure) and me - about 6 times. Currently hoping the trailcam is not only rainproof but fully submersible...the babbling brook has become something of a raging torrent this weekend! Claymores and frag mines all in place in case of Tory visitations.
DeleteBrown Trout on a trail cam may be a first.
ReplyDelete