Late into 2017 I treated myself to an Olympus TG-4 and then went on to pretty much trash it within a few short months. I've dropped it down a cliff (and very nearly killed myself recovering it), I've left it on low rocks as the tide was coming in, I've even left it in a pub and not realised until two days later. And yet somehow I've managed to coax life out of that poor, beaten, battered camera ever since, it really must hate me by now. Lately I've been somewhat disappointed with the sharpness and clarity of the images it produces, occasionally it refuses to change 'mode' from landscape to microscope. Sometimes it even refuses to turn on FFS... Serves me right for all but destroying the objective lens and repeatedly neglecting to wash it clean after plunging it into rockpools time after time after time. Despite all of that, I actually do love my little TG-4, but the time has arrived when I need to upgrade to a fully functioning piece of kit.
Tonight I finally bit that bullet
Call it an early birthday present to myself. The good news is that you can expect sharper pics in the near future. The bad news is I'll be living off of bread and water for the foreseeable.

I bought one of these in November..... Still figuring it all out but when the stars align the images are amazing. Still trying to create a set up to create good specimen images.
ReplyDeleteFancy a new camera myself. Been using my Nikon Coolpix P600 for just over five years now and it's been brilliant; no lost pixels, no loss of functionality and the image quality is been great. But, you know, I just fancy a new one.
ReplyDeleteCant wait for the review. I use a canon dslr with a f2.8 100mm macro lens but am always interested in something more pocketable....
ReplyDelete