Sunday, 19 February 2017

Farewell Pixie Girl

This is a natural history blog, you've hopefuly already noticed that by now. But allow me this one digression. 

Last August, whilst living on St Marys on the Isles of Scilly, a young lady landed at my feet with a bump. We hit it off from the word go and for the last few weeks of my stay on those magical islands I moved into her room on Bryher. 

Our time to leave the islands came in mid-October, it was make or break time - we kept in touch and continued seeing each other. In November she applied for a job at a hotel on Skye. I went with her, partly for the craic and partly as chauffeur but somehow, and against all expectations, I too landed a job on Skye. In December we started a new venture as live-in staff at the hotel with the world as our oyster.

However, the old saying that you don't really know someone until you live with them rang true. We had our ups and downs, more downs than ups of late. One thing led to another and we were unable to reconcile our differences. Today my little lady has gone, headed back to the south of England. There's a huge gaping hole in my heart and my eyes seem to have developed a strange leak that is proving problematical. Last night we made our peace with each other, she was my little Pixie Girl once more.

Dafty girl, never could get the hang of using both eyes at the microscope

2 comments:

  1. That's really sad mate, I'm really sorry for you - nothing much else to say!

    ReplyDelete